The eighth Edition of Sansad Ratna Awards will be presented to outstanding Parliamentarians at Chennai on Saturday, 27th May 2017 at IIT, Madras. The Awards are instituted by this ezine PreSense and Prime Point Foundation. There are five categories of Awards for Lok Sabha and two Awards for Rajya Sabha.:
1. Topper in Debates (only original initiated debates) – Lok Sabha
2. Topper in Private Members Bills – Lok Sabha
3. Topper in Questions – Lok Sabha
4. Topper among women MPs for overall tally – Lok Sabha
5. Topper among the first time MPs for overall tally – Lok Sabha
6. Toppers among the 2016 Rajya Sabha retirees
(one overall topper and one topper among women retiree MPs)
Other Additional Parameters
Lok Sabha Members
In addition to being topper, they should comply with the following conditions:
1. 70% attendance in the House
2. 70% attendance in the Committee Meetings (at least two Committees)
3. 50% spend in the MPLAD (as recorded in the website)
4. Should be within the top 10 for overall tally (except for the Women category)
Rajya Sabha Members
1. Topper among the retirees, who have completed 6 years and retired in 2016, for total tally:
(Debates + Private Members Bills + Questions). No other additional parameters.
Stages in the Selection Process
- Nominations will be examined by the Selection Committee for Awards, based on the above parameters.
- Nominees will be informed confidentially by the Committee.
- Acceptance of the nomination and receiving the Award at Chennai during the function.
- Announcement of the Awardees will be made only after the nominees acknowledge and accept the Award personally. If the nominees do not acknowledge and accept the Award, the next qualifying nominee will be selected.
For performance data: PRS India site www.prsindia.org (A separate data sheet, excluding the associated matters, received from PRS India, will be uploaded by us for reference)
For Committee Meetings:
Jury Committee for Selection of Award Winners (Sansad Maha Ratna Awardees of 15th Lok Sabha)
Shri Anandrao Adsul MP – Chairman
Shri Hansraj G Ahir , Hon’ble MOS (Home)
Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal, Hon MOS (Finance & CA)
(The Jury Committee has the right to modify/amend/relax any eligibility condition depending on the other parameters. The decision of Jury Committee is final)
We will be posting updates on the website www.sansadratna.in
For more details mail to email@example.com